Thursday, June 4, 2009

random thought :)

My go to song when i have and anxious heart is 'it is well with my soul' (specifically the shane & shane version from the passion cd)

Our joy, our peace, our burdens are all used to glorify God and His plan. This song for me is a declaration of this bigger purpose/picture. If i have to face brokenness...i still have hope in what God is doing in my life and the lives around me.

I love the line 'my sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!' there's something so sweet in understanding God's grace when applied specifically to our own lives. To see and feel my burdens lifted and understand I would be SO broken without this love and hope I have Christ...nothing tops that.
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.


My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!

My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

1 comment:

  1. This (your comment about brokenness) reminds me of what we have been talking about with the youth the past few weeks - breaking down our view of God so that He can make it reflective of what He truly is - so that we can know Him more and better fulfill His purpose for us.

    I love you girl. I know it's hard but rely on the fact that there is purpose in it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
ellie j's kitchen - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords